Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bakerzin (again) and (again)

I happened to lay my hands on some Bakerzin vouchers when they were having discounts on several of their desserts (six macarons for $6, and promotional prices for their cakes). Within the month, we used the vouchers on two occasions -



Macarons (L to R) - Teh Tarik; Lemon Cheesecake; Blueberry; Whisky; Mango; Sakura


Macarons innards; Oreo Cheesecake and New York Cheesecake

Macarons taste test:

Lemon Cheesecake - The lemon taste was quite strong on the first bite, closely followed by the familiar cheesecake flavour. The macaron shells were two toned, and oh-so-pretty. Perfect for the cheesecake lover. (:

Mango - The shell was quite dry, and the mango buttercream flavour wasn't very pronounced. I didn't really like this flavour boo.

Teh Tarik - Since the Sis didn't get to taste the Teh Tarik the first time round, I got this repeat flavour again. It taste more like the Hong Kong style milk tea this time round instead of the Teh Tarik taste. Not so nice as I remembered. :( Well, I'm still motivated to make my own Teh Tarik macarons someday. (:

Whisky - The chocolate shells flavour was quite strong that it somehow masks the whisky filling. I had to chew a while for the flavours to come out. There were some crunchy bits inside, which provides a nice textural balance, but I don't know what it is exactly lol. There was a slight bitterness to the overall flavours, which is nice. I think this was my favourite out of the batch.

Sakura - BAD bad bad. There was no discernible flavour to this macaron, just an overall sweet taste. What sakura? Bah.

Blueberry - Love this berrish tone to this macaron, though it is slightly on the sweet side. Would love to try experimenting with this flavour in future...


Strawberry Shortcake; Chocolate Amer

Macarons (L to R) - (not shown: Opera); Teh Tarik; Chocolate; Framboise; Hazelnut; Rose


Macarons taste test:

Opera - Oh my. This was so divine. The liqour-y buttercream encased some crunchy pearls (could it be Valrhona crunchy pearls???). This is love.

Chocolate - This was surprisingly good too. It's akin to chewing on a piece of brownie, the texture was very chewy and the chocolate flavour is waaaaaaaaaay intense. Which is good I suppose? (:

Framboise - Prominent raspberr-ish taste. Yums.

Hazelnut - Macaron was nice and chewy, the hazelnut taste is obvious, what can I grouse about? Nothing.

Rose - Awesome as usual.

Overall, I was very pleased with this batch of macarons cos all of it turned out really delish. Great selections *pats myself on the back* haha. ;)

Whoops. I'm turning into a macaron monster! 

2 comments:

  1. you really love yr bakerzin's macarons! its been eons since i had one but i'm intrigued with the lemon cheesecake flavor. instead of buying it i think i'm gonna experiment with the flavor nx time HAHA. i like yr pics esp the last one :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really love yr bakerzin's macarons! its been eons since i had one but i'm intrigued with the lemon cheesecake flavor. instead of buying it i think i'm gonna experiment with the flavor nx time HAHA. i like yr pics esp the last one :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...