Monday, May 23, 2011

Li Bai

It's been a long time since I last posted a new dining place on the blog. I'm still happily eating out as usual, just that I've gotten lazy at editing the pictures. Or I'm just busy re-visiting the same old places (cue *coughs House *coughs*). ^^

Anyway, the last time I had dim sum, I visited a Chinese dining establishment that I've never been to before - Li Bai.

Li Bai
Crispy roasted pork


The dim sum wasn't overly fantastic, but I like how they have a slightly different range of goodies than the usual baskets of small bites. Like take the above dim sum basket for example, dried scallop pieces and black fish roe transforms the siew mai into something that stands out from the crowd doesn't it?

Lobster noodles
Steamed crystal dumplings with vegetables; Xiao long baos

I think my favourite dish for that day was the steamed crystal dumplings. One, it looked pretty - doesn't it? It with its lovely translucent like skin that allowed the bright vegetables filling to shine through. And I like how the vegetables filling provided a nice crunch bite. On the other hand, the XLBs were average, the skin was slightly too thick.

Mini egg tarts

Speaking of dim sum, it's been quite some time (okay, read at least a month, max two?) since I had some. I need my dim sum fix again soon. I actually quite like Imperial Treasure's dim sum, I've been there twice, but it's just that I always forget to bring my camera whenever I'm dining there, so hopefully, the next time I'm there, I'll actually have my camera to snap some shots. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...